Friday, October 15, 2010

An Orthodox Rabbi's View on Homosexuality

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704361504575552203494330686.html

I thought this was great. It really encompasses a lot of areas we've covered including religious sin versus moral sin and how biblical prohibitions are all about the context you place them in. I enjoyed knowing that if I can't be perfect and follow all of the Torah's 613 commandments, it's ok, I still have hundreds of more I can try to follow. Good to know.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, thanks for the post. I found particularly interesting Shmuley Boteach's differentiation between a religious and a moral sin very enlightening. Religious sins, the author writes, such as homosexual sex, is a sin that is between those committing it and God.

    I also liked the emphasis on the number commandments and how this is simply one sin among many.

    ReplyDelete